This baked tomato is rich in taste with less spices and is colourful to attract children also.
Cooking time: 30 minutes approximately
- Oval or oblong tomato – 7 to 9 no
- Paneer – 200 grams
- Low fat cheese slice – 2 no
- Frozen peas and sweet corn mixed – ½ cup
- Green chilli – 3 no
- Roasted cumin powder – ½ tea spoon
- Garam masala – ½ tea spoon
- Lemon juice – few drops
- Salt as per taste
- Boil peas and sweet corn; cut the top of the tomato, scoop out the seeds and juice (this can be used in any other dish); crumble paneer and add with boiled peas, sweet corn, chopped green chilli, salt, lemon juice, cumin, garam masala powder; mix gently.
- Now fill each tomato with paneer stuffing and bake them for 15 to 18 minutes at 200 degree Celsius temperature; keep some stuffing to garnish baked tomato; meanwhile cut the cheese slice into small square pieces to cover the top of tomato.
- Remove when tomato is little soft and with slightly cracked skin; when tomato is still warm, cover each tomato top with a cut cheese slice piece; cheese will slowly melt and stick on tomato.
- Garnish the baked tomato. Now colourful healthy Paneer Stuffed Baked Tomato is ready.
- Here is the cutaway section of the paneer stuffed baked tomato.
- Use thick skinned tomato.
- Avoid overcooking of tomato.