I prefer to include more vegetables in my menu to make it more colourful and healthy. Here is Pearl Millet (Kambu) and Corn (Cholam) Paniyaram with colourful veggies, pearl millet and American sweet corn.
Pearl millet batter used to prepare Idli/Dosa, can be used to prepare this paniyaram.
Corn is known as ‘cholam’ (சோளம்) in Tamil.
- Pearl millet (dosa consistency) batter – 2 cup
- American sweet corn boiled – 1 cup
- Chopped capsicum red/yellow/green – 1 tablespoon each
- Onion chopped – 1 tablespoon
- Green chilli chopped – 2 no
- Ginger chopped – half teaspoon
- Coriander and curry leaves chopped – 1 tablespoon
- Salt – if needed as the batter contains salt
- Oil – little to cook paniyaram
- Mix all given ingredients except oil in a bowl.
- Heat paniyaram pan and add few drops of oil in each pit; add spoonful of batter in each pit; by using a spoon or fork, turn and cook both sides; remove when done.
- To make paniyarams more attractive, you can place few corns at the bottom of each pit of the pan; then pour the batter, sprinkle few drops of oil in each pit and cook both sides.
- Here are Pearl Millet (Bajra/Kambu) and Corn (Cholam) Paniyarams.
- Serve hot with any sauce or chutney.
- Here is the cutaway section of Pearl Millet (Bajra/Kambu) and Corn (Cholam) Paniyaram.