Pineapple is a good source of vitamin C, B and manganese. This tropical fruit has nice flavor and because of this it is used more in squashes, jellies, custard and candies. Pineapple has rough, hard skin and thorn like things on the surface.
All like pineapple juice. Some people get mild throat irritation with pineapple. I always add little ginger and pepper in pineapple juice to overcome this. One glass of juice gives enough energy and freshness. The pineapple I used was so sweet and I didn’t add sugar.
Pineapple is known as Annasi Pazham in Tamil and as Anannas in Hindi.
- Pineapple – 1 no
- Peppercorns – 10 no
- Honey – 1 table spoon
- Ginger grated – 1 tea spoon
- Ice water – 2 cups
- Remove stalk, skin and wash pineapple.
- Slice pineapple.
- Cut pineapple slices into pieces; put it in a mixer with pepper and ginger; add some water and blend it well for few seconds; filter, add honey and mix well.
- Serve it chilled. Add some ice cubes if you want instant chilling.
- Dilute juice as per your requirement and add more honey or sugar as per taste.
This post is part of the event “Serve me some Juices, Shakes, Smoothies” hosted by Madhuri of Cook-curry Nook.
Did you find this article useful? Please subscribe to our RSS Feed to receive all the FREE updates on various articles!