Pizza is a fast spreading fast food in Indian cities. We normally ask for door delivery of pizzas from the nearest pizza hut. After seeing the westernized toppings on the pizza, I thought of trying out pizza with localized Indian toppings as pizza base is easily available in the shops.
Here is Pizza with Indian Topping using cheese sheet, paneer and some vegetables. We enjoyed this little spicy pizza till the last piece of it. Though pizza and cheese are inseparable I used minimum cheese and added some cottage cheese or paneer.
- Pizza base (small size) – 2 no
- Capsicum – 1 no
- Tomato – 1 no
- Paneer or cottage cheese – 50 gram
- Low fat cheese slice – 3 no
- For sauce
- Tomato ketchup – ½ cup
- Garlic grated – 1 tea spoon
- Butter – 1 table spoon
- Mint leaves chopped – 1 table spoon
- Red chilli powder – 1 tea spoon
- Black pepper powder – ½ tea spoon
- Sugar – ½ tea spoon
- Salt – pinch
- Chop tomato and capsicum into long thin strips; crumble cottage cheese with your fingers.
- Mix all ingredients given for sauce and keep in microwave for one minute and cool it.
- Now spread the sauce on each pizza base and keep one cheese slice on top.
- Arrange crumbled cottage cheese, capsicum, tomato and remaining one cheese slice (divide the cheese slice into two parts and use on both pizza base).
- I baked it for 10 minutes at 180 degree Celsius in my three in one microwave oven.
- Serve hot.
- Here is a closer view of the Pizza with Indian Topping.
Did you find this article useful? Please subscribe to our RSS Feed to receive all the FREE updates on various articles!