Here I have prepared Poori Kizhangu in authentic way that is exclusively served with Poori.
Cooking time: 30 minutes approximately
- Potatoes – 4 no
- Green chilli – 6 no
- Bengal gram flour – 1 table spoon
- Onion – 2 no
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tea spoon
- Salt – as per taste
- For seasoning
- Mustard – ½ tea spoon
- Curry leaves – few
- Oil – 1 tea spoon
- Boil and mash potatoes partially; cut onion into thin slices in lengthwise; slit green chilli and chop curry leaves.
- Heat a pan with oil and do the seasoning; add onion, green chilli and turmeric powder; stir for few seconds, do not brown the onion.
- Add 2 cups of water bring to boil; keep in low flame and cook for 6 to 8 minutes till onion is soft and mashable with finger; add potatoes and salt, cook for few seconds; mix Bengal gram flour in half-cup water without lumps, add in the potato; cook for few more seconds or till the Bengal gram flour is cooked; now you will find poori kizhangu thick.
- Serve with hot poori.
The onion should be fried for few seconds only and thereafter it should be cooked more after adding water.