Fenugreek is used as spice and also as medicine. Fenugreek seeds and leaves are used often in cooking. Fenugreek leaves are very much aromatic and slightly bitter. Fenugreek leaves are used in dried form also. The dried fenugreek leaves are available in the market as Kasuri/Kasoori Methi (Kasur is a place in Pakistan where it is cultivated more) and it gives nice flavor and taste to whatever dishes it is added.
I love this Potato and Kasuri/Kasoori Methi (Dried Fenugreek Leaves) Veggie very much. It goes well with rice/poori/roti, if it is prepared with little moisture instead making it too dry.
- Boiled potato – 3 no
- Kasuri methi – half cup
- Onion – 2 no
- Tomato – 2 no
- Green chilli – 1 no
- Turmeric powder – quarter teaspoon
- Red chilli powder – 1 teaspoon
- Coriander powder – 1 tablespoon
- Cumin seed – half teaspoon
- Salt – as per taste
- Oil – 1 tablespoon
- Soak kasuri methi in enough water for 5 minutes, then drain and keep; chop onion, tomato and green chilli; peel and mash potato.
- Heat a pan with oil and add cumin seeds; then add onion, green chilli and fry for few seconds.
- When onion is transparent, add tomato, kasuri methi and fry for few minutes.
- When tomato is soft, add salt, turmeric, chilli powder and coriander powder; mix and fry for few seconds; then add half cup of water and let it boil for few seconds.
- Now add mashed potato, mix well and cook it for few more seconds.
- Now Potato and Kasuri/Kasoori Methi (Dried Fenugreek Leaves) Veggie is ready to serve.