This is the best food for patients because
- This is in liquid or semi liquid form without oil and with less salt.
- Parboiled rice is partially cooked and again boiling it makes digestion easy.
- Other than flavor, the spices used help digestion.
- Kanji podi – 2 table spoon
- Water – 2 cups
How to prepare kanji podi is here in Kanji Podi (Powder for Rice Porridge)
- Boil 2 cups of water; add 2 table spoons of kanji powder; cook in low flame for 8 to 10 minutes or till the rice particles are very soft (stir in between).
- Adjust water as per need and add little salt as per taste.
- For diarrhea patients: allow this kanji to cool and add little butter milk and serve.
- For patients suffering from fever: serve hot or warm.
- For sweet kanji, dry roast parboiled rice and then powder it. Cook this soft in boiling water. Add milk and sugar as per taste.