Ragada patties, a popular dish of Maharashtra is also available as street food at chaat shops in other parts of India. This can be easily prepared at home. To make this you need potato patties, cooked white peas, oma podi, green chutney, tamarind chutney or tomato sauce. If you prepare the patties and white peas curry in advance, it is easy to assemble everything and serve.
- Potato patties – 6 no [how to prepare patty is at Peas Potato Cutlet (Aloo Mutter Patty)]
- Green chutney – ½ cup (how to prepare green chutney is at Green Chutney for Chaat)
- Tomato sauce – ½ cup
- Coriander leaves – few
- Oma podi – 2 table spoon (for garnishing)
- Chopped onion – 1 table spoon (for garnishing)
- For white peas curry
- White peas – 2 cup
- Onion chopped – 1 no
- Tomato chopped – 1 no
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 table spoon
- Red chilli powder – 1 tea spoon
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tea spoon
- Coriander powder – 2 tea spoon
- Garam masala powder – ½ tea spoon
- Dry mango powder or lemon juice – small amount
- Cumin seed – ½ tea spoon (for seasoning)
- Coriander leaves – few strings
- Salt – as per taste
- Oil – 1 table spoon
- Ragada for patties: Soak white peas for 6 to 8 hours; wash and boil with little salt and water.
- Heat a pan with oil and do the seasoning; add onion and fry till transparent; then add tomato, ginger garlic paste and fry for few seconds.
- Now add all dry spices, salt and fry; then add boiled white peas.
- Add enough water, mix and boil for few minutes; remove and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Now Ragada is ready for use with Patties.
- To serve ragada patties: Take a serving dish, keep two patties; put some white peas curry, sprinkle some oma podi, chopped onion; put some green chutney, tomato sauce; add few chopped coriander leaves and serve.
- Oma podi is readily available in shops or can be prepared at home.