I prepare Rava Thayir Upma whenever curd (Thayir in Tamil) is excess at home. It is easy to prepare and can also be taken as Tiffin at night on fasting days. It is easy to digest and you won’t feel thirsty after eating this (unlike any other Upma) as curd is used as an ingredient.
Cooking time: 10 minutes approximately
- Rava (semolina) – 1 cup
- Curd or thick butter milk – 2 cup
- Green chilli – 1 or 2 chopped
- Ginger – ½ inch long chopped
- Curry and coriander leaves – few chopped
- Salt – as per taste
- Oil – 2 tea spoon
- For seasoning
- Mustard – ¼ tea spoon
- Urad dal – ½ tea spoon
- Bengal gram – ½ tea spoon
- Asafetida – pinch
- Beat the curd well; dry roast rava in a pan for few seconds to remove raw smell.
- Heat a pan with oil and do the seasoning; add chopped ginger, green chilli, curry and coriander leaves and fry for few seconds; add curd and salt bring to boil.
- Add slowly rava, mix well; cover with a lid and cook for 2 minutes or till done.
- Serve hot with any chutney.
- Sour curd or buttermilk suits more for this dish.
Did you find this article useful? Please subscribe to our RSS Feed to receive all the FREE updates on various articles!