Raw mango instant pickle is a simple, quick and easy to make pickle with very less oil. It is also called as Kalyana Mangai Urugai as it is prepared instantly and served in most of the marriage feasts. During raw mango season we make this pickle often.
Raw mango is called as Mangai in Tamil and as Kacha/Kachha/Kachcha Aam in Hindi.
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Raw mango (any variety) – 1 no
- Red chilli powder – 1 tea spoon
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tea spoon
- Salt – as per taste
- For Dry roast and powder
- Mustard – ½ tea spoon
- Fenugreek seeds – ½ tea spoon
- Cumin seeds – ½ tea spoon
- For seasoning
- Mustard – 1 tea spoon
- Asafetida – ⅛ tea spoon
- Sesame oil – 2 tea spoon
- Curry leaves – few
- Dry roast mustard, fenugreek seeds and cumin seeds.
- Powder it coarsely.
- Chop mango into fine pieces (approximately 2 cups); add salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and toss.
- Now add dry roast powder and mix well.
- Heat a pan, do the seasoning and mix with mango.
- Keep for 10 minutes and then serve.
- Yummy Raw Mango Instant Pickle (Mangai Urugai) is ready.
- You can keep for one day outside and use.
- Keep it in fridge and use if you want to use it for couple of days.