This suits well with Idli, Dosa, Upma and any other snacks.
- Grated coconut – 1 cup
- Red chilli – 6 to 8 no
- Small tomato – 1 no
- Garlic peeled – 2 cloves
- Roasted gram or fried gram – 1 table spoon
- Salt – as per taste
- For seasoning
- Mustard – ½ tea spoon
- Urad dal – ½ tea spoon
- Curry leaves – few
- Oil – 1 tea spoon
- Chop tomato and garlic into pieces; in a blender add grated coconut, red chilli, chopped tomato, chopped garlic, roasted gram, salt and grind to a smooth paste; add water and mix to adjust the consistency as necessary; transfer it to a suitable container.
- Do the seasoning in a pan separately and mix with chutney.
- Suits well with snacks.
- You can fry red chilli in little oil and use it in this chutney as a variation.
- Those who do not like garlic, may use asafetida instead of garlic.