Tomato is playing a vital role in cooking for it’s taste and colour in all cuisines. Red tomatoes are eye catching and I feel like cooking something or other daily with it. I prepare sauce or dip with tomatoes for pastas, noodles and for finger chips, pakodas.
This time I have cooked Red Tomato Sauce or Dip in a microwave oven. The taste and colour was excellent. With less effort and less time, the tomato sauce/dip has come out well. In my microwave, this took 8 minutes only to prepare.
Cooking time – 8 min.
- Red big tomato – 2 no
- Onion – 1 no
- Green chilli – 1 no
- Garlic cloves – 2 no
- Black pepper powder – 1 tea spoon
- Red chilli powder – ½ tea spoon
- Tomato puree/tomato ketch up – 2 table spoon
- Turmeric powder – pinch
- Italian seasoning – ½ tea spoon
- Coriander leaves – few
- Salt – as per taste
- Olive oil/any-edible oil – 1 table spoon
- Sugar – ¼ tea spoon (optional)
- Chop onion, garlic, green chilli and coriander nicely; wash tomatoes; take 3 to 4 cups of water in a micro safe bowl; prick the tomatoes in two or three places with a fork (this is necessary to cook safely in microwave) and keep them in the bowl.
- Cook this in 100% micro power for 4 minutes in open; in between turn the sides of tomato for even cooking; remove and transfer cooked tomato to a plate.
- In the same micro safe bowl, add oil, onion, garlic, green chilli, coriander leaves, salt and pinch of turmeric; mix well, cover it and cook for 2 minutes in 100% micro power; stir in between once or twice.
- Now remove the skin of the tomatoes and put it in a mixer with other dry spices and tomato puree.
- Blend it well; transfer this to the same bowl where we cooked onion and other species; mix well.
- Cook it in microwave in open for 2 minutes in 100% power; give 2 minutes standing time (this is necessary for safety) and then remove.
- Serve this hot or cold with Finger Fries, Bajji or any snacks.
- Use ripe red tomato to get better results.