Sandwich is such a nice food that you can make it very light as a low calorie meal and can also be made very rich in calorie by using more cheese and other high protein fillings. I make Ribbon Sandwich as a simple light meal whenever my family needs it, specially after the festive season. This goes well with mixed vegetable soup. I like to share it with you all.
- Whole wheat bread (sliced) – 400 gm
- For Filling
- Mint (Pudina) chutney – 1 cup
- Tomato sauce or ketchup – 1 cup
- Apply mint chutney on a bread slice; place one more bread slice on top of this slice and apply tomato sauce; close this slice with one more bread slice and press gently; cut into triangular or rectangular shape.
- Colourful sandwich is ready.
Filled bread slices can be neatly cut into triangular or rectangular shapes, after refrigerating for 30 minutes.
This post is part of the event “WYF: Light Meal” hosted by Simple Indian Food.