Tapioca is known as Kappa Kizhangu (கப்ப கிழங்கு) or Maravalli Kizhangu (மரவள்ளி கிழங்கு) in Tamil.
Here is raw tapioca, cut and boiled.
- Tapioca (cut, boiled and peeled) – 1 medium size
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – quarter teaspoon
- Red chilli powder – half teaspoon
- Fennel seeds – quarter teaspoon
- Curry leaves – few
- Salt – as per taste
- Oil – 1 teaspoon
- Add salt, ginger garlic paste, red chilli powder and turmeric powder with tapioca pieces; mix well by sprinkling few drops of water and keep for ten minutes.
- Heat a pan with oil and do the seasoning with fennel seeds and curry leaves; add tapioca pieces.
- Fry in low/medium flame till tapioca is roasted well.
- Serve hot as side dish or as a snack with tea.
- Use non stick pan for less oil consumption.