Sanyo, Japan is getting ready to sell from October 2010, the world’s first rice bread cooker using rice grains. I’m sure, in India also this product will be in demand to bake fresh rice bread at home.
Some interesting features of this rice bread cooker GOPAN (SPM-RB1000) are:
- Uses rice grains instead of rice flour to bake bread.
- Entire rice bread making process of milling (making rice paste), kneading, rising, and baking are done in this single unit.
- Not only rice, other minor grains can also be used to bake bread including wheat bread.
- Has 22 settings to bake wide variety of bread:
- rice bread settings – 7
- rice bread dough settings – 5
- wheat settings – 7
- wild yeast settings – 4
- Has “Gluten-free Setting” to suit people with wheat allergy.
- Size – 354 mm (width) x 278 mm (depth) x 387 mm (height)
- Weight – 11 kg approx
View an interesting You Tube video clip: Sanyo GOPAN – Rice Bread Maker – DigInfo