Cooking time: approximately 15 minutes
- Spinach leaves – 15 to 20 no
- Garlic – one pod
- Ginger chopped – 1/4 tea spoon (optional)
- Carrot –one small
- Onion chopped – one table spoon
- Mint (Pudina) leaves – 5 to 6 no
- Pepper powder -1 tea spoon
- Milk – 1/4 cup
- Water – 500 ml or Vegetable stock – 500 ml
- Corn flour – one table spoon
- Green chilli – 1 no
- Butter – 1 tea spoon
- Salt – as per taste
- Wash and chop carrot,onion,green chilli,garlic,mint leaves except spinach leaves.
- Heat a pan add butter,chopped vegetables.
- Fry for three minutes till vegetables are cooked slightly.
- Add water or vegetable stock, spinach leaves; cook till the leaves are tender.
- Mix corn flour in milk and add slowly in the soup mixing well; boil one to two minutes.
- Add pepper powder,salt and cook for one more minute.
- Garnish with cream or butter and serve hot.
- Do not chop spinach leaves.
- Chopped cauliflower,cabbage,beans may also be added if required.