This is a very simple recipe and I prefer to add some vegetables of different colours like capsicum, peas, sweet corn and carrot. I used both thick and thin variety spaghetti.
- Spaghetti thick variety – 1 pack
- Spaghetti thin variety – ¼ pack
- Carrot – 2 no
- Capsicum – 1 no
- Peas – ½ cup
- Corn – ½ cup
- Coriander leaves – for garnishing
- For tangy tomato sauce
- Tomato – 3 no
- Onion – 1 no
- Green chilli – 2 no
- Red chilli powder – 1 tea spoon
- Soy sauce – 1 tea spoon
- Turmeric powder – pinch
- Black pepper powder – ½ tea spoon
- Sugar – ½ tea spoon (optional)
- Salt – as per taste
- Oil – 1 tea spoon
- Chop onion, capsicum, carrot and green chilli; boil corn and peas separately with pinch of salt; fry capsicum and carrot separately with pinch of salt and keep.
- Tangy tomato sauce: Grind tomato in a blender as puree; heat a pan with oil; add chopped onion, green chilli and fry till onion is red.
- Now add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt, sugar, soy sauce, pepper powder and cook for few seconds; now add tomato puree, 2 table spoon of water and mix well; cook for 4 to 5 minutes in low flame or till oil separates; you will get a beautiful, colourful sauce.
- Spaghetti: Cook spaghetti as per the instructions given in the pack or the texture you need.
- Now put the cooked spaghetti in a deep serving plate, pour tomato sauce in the centre and add the cooked vegetables.
- Mix and serve hot.
- Adding colourful vegetables in spaghetti makes it a healthy meal.
This post is part of the event “Pasta Party” hosted by Jyoti V of Panch Pakwan.
Did you find this article useful? Please subscribe to our RSS Feed to receive all the FREE updates on various articles!