Cauliflower and potato are the best combo to make a side dish more popular among guests. Here is Spicy Cauliflower and Potato (Aloo Gobi) Fry, a different stir fry to match as a side dish to all Indian food.
Cauliflower is known as ‘phool gobi’ and potato is known as ‘aloo’ in Hindi.
I used cauliflower florets more, to make this dish tasty and attractive.
- Medium size cauliflower chopped – 1 no
- Potato – 2 no
- Onion – 1 no
- Turmeric powder – ¼ (quarter) teaspoon
- Red chilli powder – 1 teaspoon
- Coriander powder – 1 tablespoon
- Coriander leaves – few to garnish
- Salt – as per need
- To wet grind
- Grated coconut – ½ (half) cup
- Green chilli – 3 no
- Fennel seed – 1 teaspoon
- For seasoning
- Cinnamon – small piece
- Cloves – 4 no
- Curry leaves – few
- Oil – 1 tablespoon
- Soak chopped cauliflower in salt added warm water for 5 to 10 minutes then drain and keep; wet grind items given, to a coarse paste.
- Chop potato, onion and pound cinnamon, clove coarsely.
- Heat a pan and do seasoning with cinnamon-clove coarse powder and curry leaves; add chopped onions.
- Fry till onion turns semi transparent; add chopped potatoes.
- Fry for few minutes and then add cauliflower.
- Mix well and add turmeric powder, red chilli powder and coriander powder.
- Stir for few seconds; add half cup of water.
- Cover and cook till potato and cauliflower are soft; now add the ground paste and mix.
- Cook for few more minutes till all the spices blend together.
- Remove, garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with rice/roti/poori etc.
Did you find this article useful? Please subscribe to our RSS Feed to receive all the FREE updates on various articles!