Spinach is a nutritive food. It is available through out the year. It can be included in our daily menu. If not, it can be taken at least twice or thrice a week to keep our immunity strong. Variety of dishes can be prepared with greens.
Here is a simple Spinach (Pasalai Keerai) Stir Fry. The spinach I used here is called as Pasalai Keerai in Tamil.
- Spinach washed and chopped – 1 bundle
- Onion chopped – 1 no
- Tomato chopped – 1 no
- Garlic chopped – 4 cloves
- Red chilli powder – ½ tea spoon
- Coriander powder – 1 tea spoon
- Turmeric powder – pinch
- Salt – as per taste
- For seasoning
- Mustard – ½ tea spoon
- Urad dal – ½ tea spoon
- Curry leaves – few
- Oil – 1 tea spoon
- Chop spinach, onion, tomato and garlic; heat a pan with oil and do the seasoning; add garlic and fry for few seconds; add onion, fry till soft and transparent.
- Add tomato, dry spices and fry till tomato is soft.
- Now add chopped spinach.
- Stir in between and cook till done.
- Spinach (Pasalai Keerai) Stir Fry is now ready and goes well with rice or chapatti as side dish.