Tomato Raitha is a simple, easy to make tasty raitha. I prepare this as a side dish for any Veg Pulao or Biriyani. Curd based dishes use less spices and are good for digestion.
- Fresh curd – 1 cup
- Tomato – 2 no
- Salt – as per taste
- Sugar – ¼ tea spoon (optional)
- For seasoning
- Mustard – ½ tea spoon
- Urad dal or split black gram – ½ tea spoon
- Turmeric – pinch
- Asafetida – pinch
- Red chilli – 2 no
- Curry leaves – few
- Coriander leave – 1 string
- Oil – ½ tea spoon
- Cut tomatoes into medium size pieces; beat curd and keep.
- Do seasoning and add tomato, salt, sugar and fry for few minutes.
- Add with curd.
- Mix well and serve.
- Goes well with Pulao, Biriyani or any stuffed Paratha.
- Use red ripe tomato and thick curd for better results.
This post is part of “The Combo Event” hosted by Pari of Foodelicious.
Did you find this article useful? Please subscribe to our RSS Feed to receive all the FREE updates on various articles!