Tomato Raitha is a simple, easy to make tasty raitha. I prepare this as a side dish for any Veg Pulao or Biriyani. Curd based dishes use less spices and are good for digestion.
- Fresh curd – 1 cup
- Tomato – 2 no
- Salt – as per taste
- Sugar – ¼ tea spoon (optional)
- For seasoning
- Mustard – ½ tea spoon
- Urad dal or split black gram – ½ tea spoon
- Turmeric – pinch
- Asafetida – pinch
- Red chilli – 2 no
- Curry leaves – few
- Coriander leave – 1 string
- Oil – ½ tea spoon
- Cut tomatoes into medium size pieces; beat curd and keep.
- Do seasoning and add tomato, salt, sugar and fry for few minutes.
- Add with curd.
- Mix well and serve.
- Goes well with Pulao, Biriyani or any stuffed Paratha.
- Use red ripe tomato and thick curd for better results.
This post is part of “The Combo Event” hosted by Pari of Foodelicious.