The wedding of HRH Prince William of Wales and Miss Catherine Middleton is to take place at Westminster Abbey on April 29, 2011 from 11.00 am to 12 noon. The Royal Wedding can be viewed live on The Royal Channel.
Around 1,900 people are expected to attend the service at Westminster Abbey and around 650 people are expected to be present at the lunch-time reception at Buckingham Palace given by The Queen.
Two cakes (the graphics shown has no relevance to the cake) are planned for this occasion:
- The Royal Wedding cake is going to be a multi-tiered traditional Fruit Cake, decorated with British floral theme using elements of the Joseph Lambeth technique by the cake designer Fiona Cairns. The cake design is the choice of Miss Middleton.
- The Royal Wedding Reception cake is going to be a Chocolate Biscuit Cake, made from a Royal Family recipe by McVitie’s Cake Company. This cake is the choice of Prince William.
View some video clips from The Royal Channel
- The Royal Wedding Cake Designer – Fiona Cairns
- An interview with McVitie’s: The Royal Wedding reception cake
Read more: Royal Wedding cake designer is announced.
Update: April 30, 2011
- View The Royal Wedding cake from Flickr.
- View The Royal Wedding reception cake from Flickr.
- Here is the Lunchtime Reception menu.
Did you find this article useful? Please subscribe to our RSS Feed to receive all the FREE updates on various articles!