Thengai Pachadi is also a traditional pachadi. This pachadi is prepared by mixing grated coconut in curd and then seasoning is done. As this pachadi needs very few ingredients, it can be easily prepared at any time.
I prepare this curd based pachadi often in summer in addition to festival times.
Coconut is called as Thengai in Tamil and as Nariyal in Hindi.
Cooking time: 10 minutes approximately
- Grated coconut – 1 cup
- Fresh curd – 1 cup
- Coriander leaves – few for garnishing
- Salt – as per taste
- For seasoning
- Mustard – ½ tea spoon
- Red chilli – 1 no
- Green chilli – 1 no
- Ginger – small piece
- Asafetida – pinch
- Curry leaves – few
- Oil – ½ tea spoon
- Chop green chilli and ginger; add grated coconut in curd with salt and mix well.
- Do the seasoning in a pan; add chopped green chilli, ginger and fry for few seconds.
- Add in curd-coconut mix; garnish with coriander.
- Serve chilled.
- Use thick curd and fresh coconut.