Delicious Toasted Bread Sandwich with Pumpkin Spread can be easily prepared with a sandwich toaster. This can be served during breakfast. This suits well as a snack and can also be taken in lunch box/picnic.
I have used cheese sheet/cube to make it more nutritious in addition to pumpkin spread. How to prepare pumpkin spread is available here.
- Pumpkin spread – 2 heaped tablespoon
- Bread slices – 4 no
- Cheese sheet – 2 no or
- Cheese cube – 1 no
- Olive oil – 1 teaspoon
- Preheat the toaster; apply light coat of olive oil on each slice of bread (one side only); fill evenly pumpkin spread on the bread slices; olive oil coated side of the bread slice should touch the toaster surface.
Toasted Bread Sandwich with Pumpkin Spread (with cheese sheet)
- Cover it with cheese sheet; close it with non-oiled side of bread slice.
- Toast the sandwich till the sandwich surface turns golden brown (this may take few minutes depending on the type of sandwich toaster); with a knife, cut it into two pieces to make it triangular sections.
- Hot Toasted Bread Sandwich with Pumpkin Spread (with cheese sheet) is now ready.
Toasted Bread Sandwich with Pumpkin Spread (with cheese cube – grated)
- You can grate a cheese cube also and use it as a filling.
- Toast it till it turns golden brown; cut it into triangular sections.
- Hot Toasted Bread Sandwich with Pumpkin Spread (with cheese cube – grated) is now ready.
- As I have used cheese sheet/cube for filling, I used olive oil to coat the bread surface instead of butter.
- I used whole wheat bread instead of sandwich bread.