Cooking time: approximately 20 minutes.
- Onion – 1 no
- Red tomato – 5 no
- Garlic – 4 pods
- Red chilli – 6 no
- Salt – as per taste
- Oil – 2 tea spoon
- Sugar – ½ tea spoon (optional)
- For seasoning
- Mustard – ½ tea spoon
- Urad dal (split black gram) – ½ tea spoon
- Curry leaves – few
- Asafetida powder – pinch
- Chop onion,tomato,garlic.
- Fry red chilli and half of curry leaves in a few drops of oil in a fry pan; allow it to cool.
- Grind together chopped onion,tomato,garlic with fried red chili, curry leaves adding salt to a fine paste.
- Heat a pan, do the seasoning and add the ground paste; mix well.
- Cook in a low flame, till oil separates from the mix.
- avoid using green chilli.
- no need to add water to grind.