Tomato is known for its anti-oxidant property and is rich in vitamins. Raw tomato is good for health than the cooked one. While following a diet plan, it is better to drink tomato juice to remain energetic. I regularly use tomato in salad and when tomato is available cheap in the market, I prefer to make tomato juice often. Adding ginger and pepper in tomato juice improves the taste.
Tomato is known as Thakkali in Tamil and as Tomatar in Hindi.
- Juicy red tomato big – 2 no
- Ginger grated – ¼ tea spoon
- Sugar – ½ tea spoon (adjust as per your taste)
- Water – 1 cup
- Pepper powder – pinch
- Mint leaves – few
- Salt – as per taste
- Chop tomato and add with other ingredients except pepper powder in a blender.
- Blend and filter.
- Garnish with crushed mint leaves and pepper powder. Serve immediately.
- Those who want it chilled, can reduce the water while making juice and add few ice cubes.