- dough preparation time – approximately 35 minutes.
- each paratha – approximately 5 minutes.
- Whole wheat atta (flour) – 3 cups
- Water – as required to make dough
- Oil or ghee – 1/2 tea spoon for each paratha
- Salt – as per taste if required
- Mix flour, salt and make soft dough by adding water little by little as required.
- Apply one teaspoon of oil on the surface of the dough and keep it covered for 30 minutes.
- Now shape the dough into balls. You can make 12 to 15 pieces as shown in photograph.
- By using a chapatti roller and rolling pin, spread a dough ball in circular shape.
- Use dry flour for dusting to avoid stickiness while rolling.
- Apply oil or ghee on the surface; first fold it to a half circle; apply light oil again and further fold it to a quarter circle to look like a triangle.
- Roll it again to shape it to a larger triangular shape as shown.
- Now put it on a hot tava (griddle), cook on both sides by applying light coat of ghee or oil. (See the photographs to know how the surface swells while cooking in tava).
- Repeat the process for the remaining dough balls also.
- luke warm water can also be used to make softer dough.
Did you find this article useful? Please subscribe to our RSS Feed to receive all the FREE updates on various articles!