- dough preparation time – approximately 35 minutes.
- each paratha – approximately 5 minutes.
- Whole wheat atta (flour) – 3 cups
- Water – as required to make dough
- Oil or ghee – 1/2 tea spoon for each paratha
- Salt – as per taste if required
- Mix flour, salt and make soft dough by adding water little by little as required.
- Apply one teaspoon of oil on the surface of the dough and keep it covered for 30 minutes.
- Now shape the dough into balls. You can make 12 to 15 pieces as shown in photograph.
- By using a chapatti roller and rolling pin, spread a dough ball in circular shape.
- Use dry flour for dusting to avoid stickiness while rolling.
- Apply oil or ghee on the surface; first fold it to a half circle; apply light oil again and further fold it to a quarter circle to look like a triangle.
- Roll it again to shape it to a larger triangular shape as shown.
- Now put it on a hot tava (griddle), cook on both sides by applying light coat of ghee or oil. (See the photographs to know how the surface swells while cooking in tava).
- Repeat the process for the remaining dough balls also.
- luke warm water can also be used to make softer dough.