Upma the common south Indian dish has become very popular now in the United States of America.
A three course meal prepared by Floyd Cardoz (Indian-born chef) has won USD 100,000 prize in Bravo TV Show of U.S on June 15, 2011. Floyd Cardoz prepared Wild Mushroom Upma Polenta with Kokum & Coconut Milk as 1st Course. The three course meal was prepared by recollecting his memory in his life and career.
Read more from Bravo TV
- the recipe: Wild Mushroom Upma Polenta with Kokum & Coconut Milk – 1st Course
- from one of the judge: James Oseland reveals just how long it took the judges to choose a winner
- from The Wall Street Journal: Top Chef Master Winning Dish – Upma
Here are some Upmas that I prepare at home
- Rice Upma
- Rava (Semolina) Thayir Upma
- Green Peas Sweet Corn Bread Upma
- Puli (Tamarind) Upma
- Sabudana (Sago/Javvarisi) Upma
- Semiya (Vermicelli) Upma
- Colorful Upma Kozhukattai
- Vegetable Aval (Poha) Upma
- Broken Wheat Vegetable Upma