Here I have prepared vegetarian Kothu Paratha/Parotta with more vegetables. I have used ready to use maida Parotta/Paratha to save time. This is a wholesome meal and can be carried in lunch box also. Pachadi/Raitha can be served as side dish to this.
- Maida parotta/paratha – 3 no
- French beans – 14 no
- Carrot medium size – 1 no
- Cabbage leaves medium size – 5 no
- Palak leaves – 5 no
- Green peas (frozen) – half cup
- Sweet corn (frozen) – half cup
- Onion – 1 no
- Tomato thick skinned – 1 no
- Green chilli – 4 no
- Coriander leaves – few strings
- Curry leaves – few
- Kashmirilal mirch (red chilli) powder – half teaspoon
- Sugar – half teaspoon
- Salt – as per taste
- Cooking oil – 2 tablespoon
- Rinse frozen green peas and sweet corn in water; boil it in water for 5 minutes; then drain water and keep green peas/sweet corn.
- Chop parotta/paratha into as much fine pieces as possible; chop beans, carrot, palak leaves, cabbage, onion, green chilli, tomato, curry leaves, coriander leaves.
- Heat a flat non stick pan with oil; add chopped onion and fry in low flame for a minute; add chopped green chilli, curry leaves and fry for a minute.
- Add chopped beans and fry in low flame for few minutes; add chopped carrot and fry for a minute.
- Now add chopped cabbage and fry in low flame for a minute.
- Add Kashmirilal mirch powder, salt and fry in low flame for a minute.
- Add green peas and sweet corn; fry in low flame for few minutes.
- Add chopped tomato and fry in low flame for few minutes.
- Add chopped palak leaves and fry in low flame for a minute.
- Add chopped maida parotta/paratha; fry in low flame for few minutes.
- Add sugar and mix well; add chopped coriander leaves and mix well.
- Now delicious Vegetable Kothu Paratha/Parotta is ready.
- Serve hot with some Raitha/Pachadi.
- Non stick pan helps to prepare with less oil.
- Type of vegetables can be changed to suit your choice.
- As the dish gets cold, the parotta/paratha pieces in the dish is likely to become hard. It is better to serve it hot.
Did you find this article useful? Please subscribe to our RSS Feed to receive all the FREE updates on various articles!