Vegetarian Omelette with Gram Flour, Colorful Vegetables
Here is eggless Vegetarian Omelette as a perfect dish for breakfast. It can be healthy, tasty and attractive by adding colourful vegetables like greens, carrot, tomato, bell pepper and cheese.
- Gram flour/besan – 1 cup
- Chopped onion – 1 tablespoon
- Chopped coriander leaves – 1 tablespoon
- Chopped bell peppers (red, green, yellow) – 1 tablespoon each
- Chopped green chilli – 1 tablespoon
- Cheese cubes – 2 no
- Cooking soda – pinch
- Black pepper powder – generous pinch
- Cumin powder – pinch
- Asafetida – pinch
- Carom seeds – few (optional)
- Turmeric powder – pinch
- Salt – as per taste
- Oil – to cook omelette
- Grate cheese cubes and keep; add turmeric powder, pepper powder, cumin powder, cooking soda, carom seeds, asafetida, salt with gram flour/besan.
- Mix with water to make a batter of dosa consistency; add and mix all chopped vegetables including green chilli, coriander leaves in the batter.
- Heat a flat pan with little oil; spread the batter as thin as possible.
- Sprinkle some oil and cook both sides for one or two minutes.
- Top up with grated cheese and serve hot with any sauce.