Here is one more delicious Vendakkai (Okra) Podi Kari.
Cooking time: 30 minutes approximately
- Vendakkai (Okra) – 500 grams
- Onion chopped – 1 table spoon (optional)
- Coconut grated – 2 table spoon
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tea spoon
- Salt – as per taste
- Cooking oil – 2 table spoon
- Dry powder
- Bengal gram – 1 table spoon
- Coriander seeds – 1 table spoon
- Red chilli – 3 no
- Asafetida – 2 pinch
- For seasoning
- Mustard – ½ tea spoon
- Urad dal – ½ tea spoon
- Curry leaves – few
- Wash and cut vendakkai into half inch pieces; fry grated coconut in a dry pan to golden colour.
- Fry items given for dry powder in a empty pan, in low flame; cool and grind as a coarse powder.
- Heat a pan, do the seasoning; add onion and fry till onion is soft; add chopped vendakkai and fry for 2 minutes; add salt and turmeric powder; cook till vendakkai is soft; add ground dry powder and fried grated coconut; mix and cook for 2 more minutes; in between stir.
- Now Vendakkai Podi Kari is ready. Serve with Rice, Chapatti.
- Don’t overcook vendakkai.
- Gently stir to avoid breaking of vendakkai.