Mother’s wrong/over diet during pregnancy
- increases the risk of mother to be obese (including other related health problems) in her later part of life; this happens when the pregnant mother gains more than the recommended weight.
- increases the risk of children to be obese when they grow up (as child’s DNA can be altered by pregnant mother’s diet)
- irrespective of child’s weight at birth.
- whether mother is slim or fat.
Read more from
- The University of Auckland, New Zealand: International study finds new link between mother’s pregnancy diet and offspring’s chances of obesity.
- University of Bristol: High pregnancy weight gain can lead to long-term obesity.